C.Cornel
C.Cornel, Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
105439980

I have a flat that i own, and i have recently rented out to

I have a flat that i own, and i have recently rented out to a man without a contract, who has not paid a deposit. He has only been in there one week amd paid one months rent. It was a verbal thing to help him out. But I actually don't have a buy to let mortgage and I am not supposed to let it out. I want him to find somewhere else to live so I can either live in it myself again or sell it. But he days he is never leaving and his family from Goa are moving over late summer to move in too. I am in a panic because I am not allowed to rent it out but now I can't get rid of him.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Chippenham, Wiltshire, England.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Spoken to him verbally and offered a month foe him to find another place to rent. He has not paid a deposit so I've is free to go when he finds somewhere else.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I sent text messages as well to leave. And I asked a property agent in Chippenham to ask him to leave as he has no contract.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed lawyer from the UK.

There is a simple solution to your situation.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi. I hope so!

Due to the fact that you don't have a written contract with him and you have notified him about leaving the property, you could legally just change the locks to the house and the matter is done.

I'm not available for a call, you will be refunded for the price of the call within 2 hours.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Have you read my notes as above?

Yes, and I have provided the legal advice according to your circumstances.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thank you!

Have a lovely day!