31090051

I was the victim of Internet bankI fraud last March. have

I was the victim of Internet bankI fraud last March. have now been asked to appear as a witness to give evidence for the prosecution in the case against the alleged perpetrator of the crime.
JA: Have fraud charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: The case will take place on 16th September at the Sheriff Court in Glasgow. If there is a guilty verdict
JA: Where did the fraud occur?
Customer: March 2018
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If there is a guilty verdict, can I do anything to recover any of the money stolen? I also feel nervous about going to court and seeing the accused.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My statement given to police at the time of the fraud will be used as evidence at the court case. So far only a very small amount ( around£25) has been recovered from the £6000 which was fraudulently taken from my account.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Yes you can sue. The civil liability test is actually a lower test that that of criminal liability. Criminal liability needs proof beyond reasonable doubt whereas civil liability needs proof on a balance of probability. If the perpetrator is convicted you are almost guaranteed success in the civil court assuming the perpetrator has assets to meet any decree. As regards ***** ***** most courts and certainly Glasgow have a witness support team on-site and they will help you through this. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for the prompt response. Can you tell me how I would initiate a civil court case against this person, if he is found guilty?

Yes, for sums under £5000 you can raise a simple procedure action yourself in the sheriff court. The forms are at www.scotcourts.gov.uk. Above that you have to use a lawyer as the procedures aren’t user friendly. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.