Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I’ve received a letter from an enforcements agent saying

I’ve received a letter from an enforcements agent saying they have scheduled an appointment between 16-18 May between 6am & 9pm to remove goods from my home. I have just tang them as this is the first of my knowledge, explained the situation and that I could be in work when they arrive and have been told that it’s a CCJ and therefore I do not need to be home when they are here. I was just wondering tif they’re allowed to enter my home without me being here as the bloke on the phone said they can but other than kicking my doors in or breaking my windows they would have no way of getting in and then they have damaged my landlords property, not mine?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Middleton
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I’ve rang the agents and asked them the above questions
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s everything. I just want to know if they’re allowed to enter if I’m not home and are they able to damage my landlords property? Thanks

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

No. If a window is open they can go in.
But what they can NOT do is break into your home, through a window or door etc.

So no, they can not enter.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The only other thing is my car is on the drive. Would they be able to take my car with it being on my drive? I’ve spoken to my ex partner about it who actually owes the debt and he said he can clear it by Friday however the guy I spoke to said until they get the money it can still be gone ahead with.Thanks

They can clamp it. Make sure it is not there.

Does that clarify?