How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14212
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My son had an accident on his motorbike approximately 2

This answer was rated:

Hello, my son had an accident on his motorbike approximately 2 months ago and through no fault of his own he spent 4 weeks in hospital and since then has not received any money, his motorbike was written off so has no transport he works 30 miles from home and has therefore had to live with us his parents away from his partner for five nights awake, this seems unfair what can he do to speed the insurance company up
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Skipton, North Yorkshire
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: he has claimed for the motorbike and solicitors are acting to get further compensation loss of earnings etc
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you

Thanks for your question. Was another party repo sidle for the accident? Can you explain the situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please explain repo sidle

Sorry, predictive text. Should say responsible for the accident.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No the the third-party was convicted of driving without due care and attention and failing to stop at a junction

So the third party was responsible then? The solicitor’s acting for your son will be pursuing a claim for damages on that basis and the third party insurance company will have to meet the claim. There can be little doubt that liability is established where a criminal court has convicted. On that basis Insuggest that your son speak to the solicitors and instruct them to seek an interim payment of damages pending full quantification of the claim. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Excellent advice thank you