Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My 19 year old daughter is one of 5 university students

hello Pearl, my 19 year old daughter is one of 5 university students about to sign up to rent a house. The agency has sent us a "Guarantor Agreement' and not a Tenancy Agreement. Is this correct and are my daughter's rights and liabilities diminished in any way? Thank you for your advice. Best, Alex
JA: What steps has your daughter taken so far? Has she prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: We have a draft agreement that we have asked the letting agent clarification on but it is very one sided in favour of the landlord. Before we go any further we want to check if the Guarantor agremeent is the right kind of contract. My daughter/ her family has put down an administration fee of £150 per person (5 in total) to the agency for the paperwork for the deposit. The deposit of £500 pp was paid in December - total £2,500 and now we are at the contract stage with occupancy and monthly rental set for 2 Sept. Best, alex
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Exeter
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just that we are a little dumbfounded by the onesided agreement and haven't advanced it out of fear!

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello?