How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12226
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I’m a uk citizen. I would like to stay in the USA for 4 to 6

This answer was rated:

I’m a uk citizen. I would like to stay in the USA for 4 to 6 months
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I’ve been using an ESTA - can I sta y for a longer time?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: I live in England- in a uk citizen . No I’ve not spoken to anyone yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was in the USA for three months between February and May this year. I’d like to go back in December for up to 6 months. I’ll be staying with my brother and his American wife.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

No. You can only use an ESTA for a stay of up to 90 days.

So if you want to stay longer you need to apply for a visa.

Please see:

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What kind of visa will I need?