Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I had a police officer step out in front of my vehicle

Hi I had a police officer step out in front of my vehicle whilst driving through a 30mph speed limit earlier today he said I was doing around 60mph but he has no proof of this through speed radar or any other device so he issued me a ticket and reporting me for driving without due care and attention I wasn’t driving at them excessive speeds would I be eligible for a course to avoid points or would I have a chance in court due to lack of evidence he told me I would receive a fine in post with 3 points within 6 weeks?
Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: It was on Eriswell road, under Brandon parish bury st Edmunds police officers
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Not that I’m aware of was wondering if I stood a chance in court if I refused the fine and points
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

So the only offence is driving without due care and not speeding?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He said he didn’t get his speed gun on me as he was issuing another driver with a ticket he just stepped out on the road and stopped me and said he was reporting me for driving without due care and attention and that’s what it says on the ticket I was issued

Ok - well if you do not get anything for speeding you can forget about that.

You can then argue in Court that you were not careless driving.

That appears to be the only offence, nothing else.
So, forget speeding unless you have been given a notice for that.

If you were not careless driving then you will be found not guilty.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.