How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JustAnswerKM Your Own Question
JustAnswerKM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 43
Experience:  Court of Protection, civil litigation, divorce and inheritance
Type Your Law Question Here...
JustAnswerKM is online now

I am returning back to the UK (am British) from abroad

This answer was rated:

I am returning back to the UK (am British) from abroad without a job after nearly 10 years abroad with my wife (Romanian) are either of us entitled to any unemployment benefits?

Good afternoon

As you have not worked in the UK for over 3 years, you may not be eligible for Job Seeker's Allowance. However from your brief, you may be eligible for Universal Credit and from there the agent can assist with any other benefits you may be entitled to.

You can both apply online:

Best wishes and kind regards


P.s. please rate my answer so I can be rewarded with your kind payment

JustAnswerKM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What benefits do universal credits give me

Universal credit helps with your general living costs. It replaces the other benefits, such as

  • Child Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Working Tax Credit

Kind regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok great. I will check it out on the website. Thank you

You're welcome