Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have a contract mobile phone and the renew contract was

I have a contract mobile phone and the renew contract was due so the company emailed the new details so I agreed. However I have found a better deal so I phoned my supplier and they said I could not change now because it too late. I said I have 14 days cooling off period, They told that I did not. Please can you help me this thanking Steve

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Did you agree to the new contract by email/online?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. A consumer’s rights in this situation are determined by the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. These Regulations apply to contracts entered:

{C}· On the trader’s business premises

{C}· Off the trader’s business premises (e.g. at the consumer’s home)

{C}· At a distance (e.g. online or over the phone).

In terms of cancellation rights, these are as follows:

· Contracts entered off the trader’s premises or at a distance – 14 days after the day the contract was entered into (for services)

If you wish to get a template cancellation form you can use the one provided in the Regulations: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/images/uksi_20133134_en_003

Does this answer your query?