JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

If I was in a car accident that was not my fault and didnt

if I was in a car accident that was not my fault and didnt realise my insurance had lapsed by two weeks, then got a new car insurance immediately what happens next. i told my insurer and they said as I was in an accident an was not covered at the time there is nothing they can do but wait for the other party insurers to contact me is that right?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: in the Uk kingston upon thames
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: no steps as i was told by my insurance company there is nothing they can do for me. I told them of the accident but they didnt want to know
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the other party stated at the time of the accident that its my fault but she was at a give way side road and I was on the main road so i have right of way so I know its not my fault
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello, thank you for the question.If you were not covered you can tell the third party to contact the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (who Act in place of an insurer.) has the third party contacted you yet? Are injuries involved?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you for your advice
Is there anything else I can help with?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think that’s it I just needed to know that even if uninsured at the time and she was at fault that she or her insurance company can’t demand I pay her damage costs to her vehicle or that she can take me to court to try make me pay!
She may try but if you were established on a main road and she cake out of a side road then it’s likely liability would be found against her. If you have any problems please come back to me. If bw grateful if you would accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating. Many thanks, Jim