C.Cornel
C.Cornel, Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
105439980

Is there a legal company in kent called SURE LEGAL,

Is there a legal company in kent called SURE LEGAL, registartion 08361013, with a Mr D A Lane in charge. I have been unable to find this company online
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in Darlington, Co Durham and have been contacted, by phone, by a gentleman supposedly form Sure Legal about a payment to me which they have received but before they will send me the payment, I have to pay their fees and I am very reluctant to do this as a result of previous scam requests.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: To try and find the company on line
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Onl;y, is this company legal and is the director mr D A Lane

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed lawyer from the UK.

Yes, there is a company called SURE LEGAL LTD, Company number 08361013

Company status Active.

However, there is a different person in charge.

GILLIES, Matthew Jonathan.

Correspondence address 25 Sidcup High Street, Sidcup, Kent, United Kingdom, DA14 6ED.

Role ACTIVE Director.

Date of birth February 1975.

Appointed on 15 January 2013

Nationality British

Country of residence United Kingdom.

Occupation Solicitor.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you! It seems this company is legal after all!
A Mr Wilson phoned me to say they are holding £25874 for me as compensation and wish to send this to me by Bankers Draft. However they require 3% from me before they will send it.
I believe this is a Spanish Court payment from a hearing last Oct30th against Marcus Row, director of Incentive Leisure, Full Circle Holidays etc which found him guilty and awarded me (among others) the amount I’ve stated.
So far I have received nothing and really wish to know whether or not Sure Legal are holding this for me?
I’ve been quoted their Barclays Bank account and sort code numbers held by a DA Lane.
I really need to know whether I should send them £776 (3%) from my bank account?

I would not advise to do so.

Just ask them to deduce the percentage from the payment amount.

If they refuse, it is fairly likely they are trying to defraud you.

But I would give over 95% that they are trying to scam you and you should report them.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you. I will not send them the 3% but will in deed ask them to deduct their fees and send me the balance. Thier representative is phoning me again later this afternoon and i will see what he has to say!
I will let you know his answer. meanwhile, thank you for your help and advice.
Mary Nicholson

My pleasure!

Please don't forget to rate the answer.