UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Last May I was scammed on my computer and they managed to

Last May I was scammed on my computer and they managed to take nearly £5000.00 from our business account. I wrote to the other three Directors, letter dated 30th May 2018. Four months later there was an AGM on 14th September 2018, which I was unable to attend due to illness. They ruled that I should be taken of the online banking. Mr Nelson contacted the bank on 15th September 2018 to do this. I had not had any response to my letter of the 30th and was not informed of their ruling. During the next week, I attempted to go into my own bank account and was unable to do so as my memorable info was the same as the business's account. I phoned the bank who said that the business account had been blocked because of a complaint about me concerning "Fraudulent Activity". The bank wanted a letter from the Company with the three signatories named on the account. Myself, Mr Nelson and Dr Sykes. to date, this has not been done, They have tried every which way to try and get the account unblocked. They have not gone with what the Bank requested. They are stating the dispute has been resolved, I have not been notified me of any resolution. I feel a victimised by these directors for being scammed, and as we know this happens alot these days. Mrs.Kay Fortune
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Bournemouth Dorset
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have not, as they are not communicating with me. I am a Director and Company Secretary,from whom they take no notice
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I sign a letter on Sunday for the bank with two signatures on. Mine and Mr Nelson as I had another director come to see me as he in the process of selling his flat and need the bank account opened as soon as. His solicitor is asking that his Service Charge is paid off prior to the sale of the property. He said the his girll frient wasn;t

Do you wish to go to court?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, not if it can be helped

Thank you. Going to court is expensive, stressful and time consuming and there is no certainty that a court will rule in your favour.

You should simply try and persevere with your fellow directors so that you are allowed access back into online banking. You may say that you are being unreasonably penalised for a crime not of your making.

You may use leverage with your co directors that you will only sign their documents if their sign yours.

All the best. Please leave a positive rating so that I may continue to assist others in need of assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your response. I agree that is the present way to go. I will let you know how it goes. Kay

Good luck