marcusmalin
marcusmalin,
66642005

My partner and I separated about 5 years ago. We are on good

My partner and I separated about 5 years ago. We are on good terms and have a 15 year old son. I live in the house we bought together (no mortgage) as joint tenants. She bought another house nearby where she lives with our son and her mother. I contribute towards her mortgage on her new place. I now want to get married to somebody else. I think she will want to sell our jointly owned house. I had intended to leave my share of the house to our son but if I have to sell the house I will have to buy another place and my intended wife will contribute. The half of our jointly owned house will no longer be secure to be left to my son.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: At the moment I have a will which leaves everything to my previous partner (we weren't married). I am 71 and both ladies are much younger than me.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I live in Welwyn, Hertfordshire.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.

Hello, my name is Marcus.

Do you have any specific questions that I can help you with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I presume the joint tenancy with my previous partner on our jointly owned property will not change and my intended wife will not have any rights over the property ? If she is living in the property would she have any rights to remain in the property if I died ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I asked a question regarding joint tenancy and the rights of my intended wife if she was living in the property when I died ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need to leave the PC for a while and will come back to it shortly.