ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

How do i stop my asian ex wife from taking my english

how do i stop my asian ex wife from taking my english children back to china?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: hampshire
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my ex is not allowed unsupervised access to the kids because of abuse, now she is trying to get custody and take them back to china

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. When is she proposing go?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
she does not have a date but keeps saying she will take the children back to china.
i am named on their birth certs and hold their passports.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
can i put a 'watch' on then so they can't pass through passport control without being noticed?

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. You would have to make an application to the court for a prohibited steps order on a form C100 to prevent her leaving the country. I have attached a link to a great book - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

I have to discuss and if a telephone call would help please call.

Basically a prohibited steps order has the power to prevent her from taking the children to China. You should really make the application immediately. A solicitor on a phone call can help should you require this and we can call tomorrow. It is a significant order - the key is to ensure that you get to spend time with your children going forward - either in the UK or elsewhere. Happy to discuss and please fate 5 stars

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thanks for your help, i am filling in the court order form now

My pleasure. I have also attached a link to a book which should help - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

If you want a call tomorrow (as it is usually a good idea to have solicitors in international relocation cases) then please take the call option. Please rate 5 stars