How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 36537
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

How do i stop my asian ex wife from taking my english

This answer was rated:

how do i stop my asian ex wife from taking my english children back to china?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: hampshire
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my ex is not allowed unsupervised access to the kids because of abuse, now she is trying to get custody and take them back to china

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. When is she proposing go?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she does not have a date but keeps saying she will take the children back to china.
i am named on their birth certs and hold their passports.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i put a 'watch' on then so they can't pass through passport control without being noticed?

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. You would have to make an application to the court for a prohibited steps order on a form C100 to prevent her leaving the country. I have attached a link to a great book -

I have to discuss and if a telephone call would help please call.

Basically a prohibited steps order has the power to prevent her from taking the children to China. You should really make the application immediately. A solicitor on a phone call can help should you require this and we can call tomorrow. It is a significant order - the key is to ensure that you get to spend time with your children going forward - either in the UK or elsewhere. Happy to discuss and please fate 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your help, i am filling in the court order form now

My pleasure. I have also attached a link to a book which should help -

If you want a call tomorrow (as it is usually a good idea to have solicitors in international relocation cases) then please take the call option. Please rate 5 stars

ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you