chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

One of my customers is threatening me with lawyers as they

Hi, one of my customers is threatening me with lawyers as they believe their order is late. They say that their client has big penalties but I didn't sign up to that. Also there is no delivery date stated on their order except the date the order was placed
Assistant: Where is the client? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My client is in Coventry
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Nothing yet but just getting concerned with their threats they are a very large company and I am not
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so

Thank you for your query. Would you still like assistance with this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please

Unless your contract states that time is of the essence or that goods are to be delivered by a certain date will they have a possible claim against you.

In the absence of such wording in the agreement, these will just be hollow threats.

They will not ne able to recover any losses as a result of the late delivery unless the contract allows them to do so.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.