How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6394
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have a query on visa and need some clarification..

Customer Question

Hi, I have a query on visa and need some clarification..
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am in UK on Tier 2 ICT dependent visa and in process of switching to Tier 2 general
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Not yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My query is, my spouse is already in UK as Tier 2 ICT main applicant. Can he switch to Tier 2 general dependant within UK or should he apply from home country as I would need to apply from Home country
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi there, can you please confirm on my above query. Can my spouse who is currently the main applicant on Tier 2 ICT switch to Tier 2 general dependant within UK? His Tier 2 visa is valid until nov 2019.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 months ago.


Yes, this is possible.

All the best. Please remember to leave a positive rating.