ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

My neighbour claims he has access to bottom of my land as he

My neighbour claims he has access to bottom of my land as he believes this is a continuation of the lane that gives access to all the back of our houses. His title plan clearly indicates that his access stops short of our gate as does mine. On both title plans it clearly indicates the access road itself stops at our gate. We also have evidence that a garage was on the piece of land he claims to have access built when all the houses were indicating it would of been impossible to access anyway. There is no history of previous owners granting him access. He couldn’t never of accessed it anyway as it was completely overgrown with tress etc until we cleared it all to prepare for outbuilding where old garage used to be. Does he have any legitimate claim when all evidence suggests he doesn’t ?

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. From what you have written he appears to have no claim whatsoever. The key is evidence and he has none. If he persists then I would be minded to send a solicitors letter (your home insurance may cover this) to him and formally explain his position to him. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Hi Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. Just making sure

Pleasure