How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7226
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a British born citizen but my fiance and two biological

This answer was rated:

Hi. I am a British born citizen but my fiance and two biological children were born in The Philippines (kids are 4 + 9 years old) and currently live there. I visit them regularly but we're now considering moving them to live with me in the UK. Do my kids automatically become Birtish citizens by descent? And ultimately, what visa/ process would be best for this case?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Nothing yet. Still researching. No paperwork files yet. I live in The UK. I'm British.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: No, not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that's about everything. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just some additional info. I live and work permanently in the UK. I visit my family x3 times a year for a month each visit. My fiance and kids have Philippines passports. My fiance and I are planning to get married, but would prefer it to be in the UK, rather than Philippines. Lastly, they have had one family visit trip to the UK back in 2013. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, and my Father is a British born citizen, and Mother is Austrian born. Both live in the UK.


The good news is that your children are both British by descent. You may apply for British passports for them. They are automatically British due to a law change in 2006.

Please leave a positive rating if this is useful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fantastic. Thanks for that


UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you