UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am a British born citizen but my fiance and two biological

Hi. I am a British born citizen but my fiance and two biological children were born in The Philippines (kids are 4 + 9 years old) and currently live there. I visit them regularly but we're now considering moving them to live with me in the UK. Do my kids automatically become Birtish citizens by descent? And ultimately, what visa/ process would be best for this case?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Nothing yet. Still researching. No paperwork files yet. I live in The UK. I'm British.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: No, not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that's about everything. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just some additional info. I live and work permanently in the UK. I visit my family x3 times a year for a month each visit. My fiance and kids have Philippines passports. My fiance and I are planning to get married, but would prefer it to be in the UK, rather than Philippines. Lastly, they have had one family visit trip to the UK back in 2013. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Oh, and my Father is a British born citizen, and Mother is Austrian born. Both live in the UK.

The good news is that your children are both British by descent. You may apply for British passports for them. They are automatically British due to a law change in 2006.

Please leave a positive rating if this is useful.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Fantastic. Thanks for that

Welcome.