UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

My brother died in a mental health hospital, the nurses said

Customer Question

my brother died in a mental health hospital, the nurses said they new he wasnt feeling well but didnt get a dr out,, they said they didnt think he needed one, a couple of hours later he collapsed and died. i still dont know how he died in december there is gunna be an inquest, i beleive he was neglected by the staff
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: chester le st , county durham, my brother died at darlington county durham
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that they knew he was feeling unwell, if they got the dr he might still be here, he was only 37
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
continue to wait for answer
Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 3 months ago.

Hi I am a lawyer and will try to assist.

I am sorry to hear about your brothers death and send my condolences.

When is the date of the inquest? The inquest will determine the cause of death and if it can be proven that your brothers death was the result of negligence due to the treatment he received then there will be a cause of action to be made for a medical negligence claim. If the nurses knew he wasn't feeling well and did not take steps, which they could have done, to prevent his death then they shall be held liable. But only if the cause of death was preventable. My advice would be to seek independent legal advice from a law firm who can carry out the required steps to investigate if there is a viable claim or not. Once the cause of death is known then then the correct measures can be appropriated to see if his death was preventable. This will include obtaining his past medical history and his health prior to his unfortunate passing. I would recommend Slater and Gordon, they specialise in medical negligence claims and can discuss with you, on a free consultation if they are able to help.

I hope my answer has been useful and would be grateful for a positive rating and an acceptance.

Please take a moment to look at the top right-hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen.

It's important that you use the rating service because that gives me credit.

All you need to do is press Submit.