UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

How can I get my husband out of my house, )Highlane

Customer Question

How can I get my husband out of my house
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: )Highlane Stockport sk6 8bu
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Asked him to go he has not worked for 6and half yrs and I pay for everything he does nothing around the house
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am a mother of three and a full time career for my disabled daughter
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately, as you are married, your husband has matrimonial home rights and you cannot get him out of the house until your divorce is finalised, unless he leaves the house voluntarily.

In such situations, the law encourages couples to try and mediate using the help of an independent person (mediator).

See here for further information: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/family/ending-a-relationship/if-you-were-living-together/your-ex-partner-is-trying-to-make-you-leave/

Sorry, but I can only give honest answers. Please leave a positive rating if this is helpful.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
But the house is in my name only
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi the house is in my name only nothing to do with him

Unfortunately, it does not matter that the house is in your name only, as you are married to him, the law gives him matrimonial home rights.

All the best