How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6394
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

How can I get my husband out of my house, )Highlane

Customer Question

How can I get my husband out of my house
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: )Highlane Stockport sk6 8bu
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Asked him to go he has not worked for 6and half yrs and I pay for everything he does nothing around the house
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am a mother of three and a full time career for my disabled daughter
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 months ago.


Unfortunately, as you are married, your husband has matrimonial home rights and you cannot get him out of the house until your divorce is finalised, unless he leaves the house voluntarily.

In such situations, the law encourages couples to try and mediate using the help of an independent person (mediator).

See here for further information:

Sorry, but I can only give honest answers. Please leave a positive rating if this is helpful.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But the house is in my name only
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi the house is in my name only nothing to do with him
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately, it does not matter that the house is in your name only, as you are married to him, the law gives him matrimonial home rights.

All the best