Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

On Friday I was suspended from work for bullying and

Hi, on Friday I was suspended from work for bullying and harassment. I am keen to raise a counter grievance for blackmail. Is this something I can do whilst suspended?
JA: Have you discussed harassment at work with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: With HR yes
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How do you believe this is blackmail?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry I did not position my question correctly. Can you raise a counter grievance whilst suspended?

You certainly can, especially if there are grounds to do so. Being suspended does not prevent you from raising your won complaint if necessary. If it is related to the complaint against you, then the two may potentially be looked at together or depending on what they are, one may be decided before the other one proceeds. However, you are indeed able to raise a grievance yourself even if on suspension.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
wonderful. Thank you Ben. I may reach out as the week pans out.

No worries, all the best for now

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ben - one last thing - there are a number of images the individual sent to me taken on work time - pretty sure in work toilets. One image displays the individual in a provocative pose with my credit card placed in a sexual position - I have referenced this to support my case but will not share the image - will consent need to be sought in order to use the image to support my case?

Not if it is just shared with the employer for the purposes of making a complaint, but do not send it anywhere else, just include it confidentially with he complaint

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, just so I am clear, I can share the image with my HR case manager to support my case ?

Perhaps initially it is best to make the complaint on the basis of what happened, referencing the images, without sharing hem, and only once this proceeds to a formal investigation should you show them

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Great..I did think that. Thank you Ben.

All the best