ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

Assistant: How can I help? Me and my husband are separated

Customer Question

Hi there
Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Me and my husband are separated from 3 months and he is claiming all benefits as main parent but the care for the children is shared (50:50)is that legal many thanks
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I no
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Dorset
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 3 months ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. No. He should not be taking all of the benefits. Often what you need to properly have the benefits distributed 50-50 is to get a formal court order which sets out that you have the children 50-50 - you should be getting half. You may need a court order (a child arrangements order) which clarifies the position - you can get this with an application to the Family Court on a form C100. The other option is to threaten court proceedings against you ex for your half - but going forward a child arrangements order is often the best way to do things. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is he committing fraud? Thank you

No its a matter between the two of you. A civil dispute. I hope this helps and please rate 5 stars

Hi Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

Expert:  ivorylounge replied 2 months ago.

So that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. Thanks - just a "Yes, thanks"