How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask iram a Your Own Question
iram a
iram a, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1792
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
iram a is online now

My brother lives in Italy and he have italia leave to remain

This answer was rated:

Hey my brother lives in Italy and he have italia leave to remain indefinitely and he wants to visit me ,
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: what does he need to do
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Can you explain me
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s all


I can help with your question.

Your brother need to apply family visitor visa.

I hope it will help you.

Please you give 5 star to encoueage me to help people

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what after he apply for family visitor visa
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What does he need to have to get this visa

required documents.

Valid Passport

  • previous travel documents/passports, which show previous travel.
  • financial documents showing that he has sufficient funds available. These must clearly show that he has access to the funds, such as:
    • bank statements
    • building society book
    • proof of earnings such as a letter from employer confirming employment details (start date of employment, salary, role, company contact details)
    • where a third party (who is either in the UK or who will be legally in the UK at the time of his visit) is providing financial support to him e.g. a business, a friend or a relative, documents to show they have sufficient resources to support him in addition to themselves and any dependant family should be provided
  • As you have explained that your brother has residence card in Italy. so,confirmation of legal residence.

if your brother apply this visa and get successfully then he can live with you for 6 months in Uk with you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What do I need to send him
Paper support from here which means that I accept this person to come visit me ?

if you are going to sponsor him then you should provide

last 6 months Bank Statement

last 6 months Pay slips.

Accommodation arrangement ( tenancy agreement )

Invitation letter. ( you are inviting your brother to spend time with you)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that’s all he needs from me ?


Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay thank you


please give positive feedback for my efforts to answer you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
For how long he can get the visa after he made this application?

UKVI Service Standard to process 90%, 98% and 100% applications from outside the UK within 15, 30 and 60 working days, respectively. The UK Tourist Priority Service Standard is 5 working days for most of the countries.

I hope it will help you.

iram a and other Law Specialists are ready to help you