plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

My 15 year old step daughter lives with her mother. We pay

Customer Question

My 15 year old step daughter lives with her mother. We pay £725 + £160 tutor. We have her every wk end fri - Sunday. Since January they moved in with in-laws, pay no rent and do not seem to be paying towards clothing etc... we have had her for 10 days on and off during this period and still pay the same amount. We now have her Thurs - Sunday very week. I would like to know if this is what we should be paying? Our circumstances have changed with two children now. The ex is married with a child.
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: Where do we stand?
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does she live in?
Customer: This arrangement has been agreed between my husband and her mum. No courts involved . We live in the same area
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this point
Expert:  plclegal replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is*****'m a barrister and will do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Have you looked at the online calculator for child maintenance?

Expert:  plclegal replied 2 months ago.

Hello.

I didn’t receive confirmation that you received my response to your question.

Do you still require assistance? Did you look up the calculator?

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 2 months ago.

Me

Hello.

https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance

Kind regards,

Peter

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi,I received your reply and we have already covered the Gov.calculator. This way of responding is too long winded and I need to find another avenue. I have tried everything and thought I may have had some answers. Not only have I paid £5 but now £45 has been deducted from my account for what? I am not a all happy with this service so wish to cancel my subscription/membership and expect £45 refunded to my account. Are you able to do this for me?Many Thanks.Vicky
Expert:  plclegal replied 2 months ago.

Hello Vicky,

I can't deal with anything to do with membership or billing, I'm just a lawyer answering questions.

I'm sorry you did not find the service helpful.

I did chase you three times for a response and we could have explored other options if you had been able to respond.

Not to worry.

Please contact customer services for your billing queries.

Kind regards.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I realise this but sadly it’s not going to work this way. Thank you anyway.If I press the ‘call me’ button it looks like I’ll be charged another £43. How can I speak with someone with regard to cancel and refund without being charge a ridiculous fee like that?
Expert:  plclegal replied 2 months ago.

See here for the customer services link to cancel a membership.

If you request a call that would be with me - as a lawyer - and I can't help with refund queries!

http://ww2.justanswer.com/en-gb/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription