12826847

My wife and I recently spent a weeks holiday in Malta and

Customer Question

Hello, my wife and I recently spent a weeks holiday in Malta and bought into a club membership with discover access and have read a lot of bad reports about them. We have paid £100.0 deposit with 13 monthly payments of £100.00 per month. The agreement states that the contract cannot be cancelled? As it was less than a week ago when we signed, is there a 14 day cooling-off period and can we legally cancel without any further payments. We accept that we may lose the deposit but will put that down to experience.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing yet, as we do not know what our legal status is.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing just yet.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

Does the agreement say it was made under UK law? And did you pay for the service online or over the telephone?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No their registered address is: Akara building,***** Wickams bay, 1 Road town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands

Thanks, ***** ***** have to opt out for a BVI lawyer who can advise upon this for you. Please do not reply to this as the question will come back to me and there will be a delay. Thanks

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your enquiry. Your matter has been referred to me to see if I may be of any assistance. I am currently reviewing your concern and will respond shortly. Please note that this site is for general information and educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice, nor does it establish a solicitor-client relationship.

RL

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 5 months ago.

Just to clarify, is the term of the country for 13 months? Or is it that the contract is intended to continue perpetually?