marcusmalin
marcusmalin,
66642005

What is clares law. No lawyers and in England. None. Im just

Customer Question

what is clares law.
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: No lawyers and in England.
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None. Im just enquiring.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

how can i help please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can't see my reply
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 5 months ago.

What do you want to know and I can try and help

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ive made a payment but I cant see my reply.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. The Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme - known as Clare's Law - is intended to provide information that could protect someone from being a victim of attack.

Clare’s Law will give some help to those people who think they have a partner who may be acting in a certain way which suggests that they are somebody who is violent. It enables that individual to then go to the police and they’ve got the right to ask for information about that partner. In some circumstances, it has now been extended to apply to ex-partners as well. This enables somebody to know whether their partner has a record of violence, and to be able to take a decision as to whether to stay with them or not. If they have already separated from their partner, it may also help with decisions to safeguard themselves and their family. Absolutely anyone can apply for a disclosure using Clare’s Law – so if someone is worried about their own relationship, or someone else’s, they can make a request for information to find out if there is a risk of abuse.

I have also attached a leaflet which explains the application process - https://www.essex.police.uk/getmedia/61269758-20ae-4ed7-9ecf-bf5afca2db1a/Clares-Law-Leaflet.pdf

Please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I Ive had 3 so called replies but no reply. Ive paid £43 can I have my money back please and cancel all subscriptions.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This not the answer to my questions .
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Lets try again please. My questions are, how far back does the check go ? Does the check only check the person in the area where that person lives ? Does it only include convictions or does it include restraint orders or non-molestation orders too ?

Actually these questions were never listed before.

Expert:  marcusmalin replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name in Marcus.

I thought that my colleague gave you a very detailed and helpful reply to your question.

In direct answer to your further questions the check is for any convictions or cautions on the persons Criminal Record and as such will not be limited in terms of time or geographical location.

It will not include non-molestation orders.

I am just making sure that you safely received my answer.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Marcus.

I would be most grateful if you would kindly rate my answer to enable me to get credit for it.

Marcus.