12826847

We have a double garage in back garden. We have a double

Customer Question

We have a double garage in back garden.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We have a double garage in our back garden. Our neighbour is growing ivy up the side wall and it is now growing over the top of the garage roof which is corrugated. It is also coming inside the garage and damaging the roof and causing leaks. We have asked that it be cut back but nothing has been done. What should we do ?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have asked neigh our to cut the ivy back, with no result. W e have also cut back the ivy growing inside the garage, of course this does not stop it growing.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have always been friendly with neighbour so difficult to know what to do now.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore maybe delayed in replying.

why do you think they are not doing it?

is it hard to access?

how long have you and your neighbours been there?