Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Can ibe fired on the spot after having a mishap like filling

Can ibe fired on the spot after having a mishap like filling of fuel and wanted to pee and found I could not control my self
Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Yes and said we have to let u go can't have that I told him I could not stop
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: No u I iam just a emlpoyee
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was arrested craibs anerdeem

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Please can you explain your situation fully? Were you not allowed to use the bathroom to relieve yourself? Also, how long have you worked for this employer please?

and do you have any medical conditions?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I was feeling truck in dyce yard and all of a sudden I needed to pee I could not control my self and let it go

OK and how long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my mobil
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have 2 hopes replaced wait ing to go to hospital withtraped nerve in spine
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hips on 2024

Sorry, I need to know how long you have worked for this employer and also, would the medical conditions have had anything to do with you being unable to control your bladder at the time?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
14 August 2019

When did you start working for this employer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No

OK and please clarify when you started working there?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are crabs I started 13 08 2018

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are craibs

Many thanks for your patience. If you have been continuously employed at you place of work for less than 2 years then your employment rights will unfortunately be somewhat limited. Most importantly, you will not be protected against unfair dismissal. This means that your employer can dismiss you for more or less any reason, and without following a fair procedure, as long as the decision is not based on a reason which makes a dismissal automatically unfair. These include:

· Discrimination due to a protected characteristic (i.e. because of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, etc.)

· Taking, or trying to take, leave for family reasons including pregnancy, maternity/paternity leave, parental leave, adoption leave or leave for dependants

However, if the dismissal had nothing to do with any of the above exceptions, you would not be able to challenge it. In that case your only protection would be if you were dismissed in breach of contract. That would usually happen if you were not paid any contractual notice period due to you (unless you were dismissed for gross misconduct, where no notice would be due). If you did not have a written contract in place you would be entitled to the minimum statutory notice period of 1 week. The employer would either have to allow you to work that notice period and pay you as normal, or they instead have to pay you in lieu of notice, where you are paid for the equivalent of the notice pay but your employment is terminated immediately.

So you can challenge them in the event you did not get any notice period and oursue them further on that basis.

Does this answer your query?

My response to your query should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to it? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to confirm this by replying on here. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it does thanks cert nu g for advice

All the best