How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 882
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I am under arrest and facing trial this Tues I live in the

This answer was rated:

i am under arrest and facing trial this Tues I live in the British Virgin Islands. I ran over a dead man on my road by my house where there is evidence of murderous activity of the deceased. But no witnesses will come forward. I need a forensic expert to go over case before I make a plea. I could tell he was already dead. but corenor report says he died of crushing wounds of being run over even though there was no blood on scene and he obviously had a major head wound and and no blood of it on him and his clothes and was obviously cleaned up and clothes changed
JA: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?
Customer: I am a white American ex***** *****ving here for 20 years but have to face a local jury who are quite prejudiced to white expats here at the moment
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: in Tortola BVI on the old road coming down to my house
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well in my opinion and many others this was a murder to silence this man from testifying in a murder trial in 3 days of his death. There are many people that know information that can assist in my trial but it is a country of local people that have different mind sets and keep many secrets
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a good solicitor. I need an imdependent forensic expert to go over autopsy reports
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am located in the British Virgin islands and feel autopsy reports are not thorough. It is complicated case. And not a good police or forensic team

Thank you for your enquiry. Your matter has been referred to me to see if I may be of any assistance. I am currently reviewing your concern and will respond shortly. Please note that this site is for general information and educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice, nor does it establish a solicitor-client relationship.

Kind regards


You mentioned having a good solicitor, have you mentioned this to them? the need for an independent expert report, if you have, what has been the response?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need to find a forensic expert in criminal law to teview autopsy reports. I ran over a man that was dead already on my road. Jad severe head wound no vital signs at all and was wiped clean clothes changed a major witness in murder trial in 3 days after his death. They arrested me after a yr cause i stayed and called ambulance and police because i did run over his arm and leg and admitted that. Now i need an expert to help prove that he was alteady bled out and dead. Corenor clearly states death caused by crushing wounds to his chest. And he was reversed over. I did npt reberse over him but a man wjo tried to get me to leave scene moved it while i was giving ambulance direction s

I understand the nature of the incident. my question is, have you mentioned or requested that an independent expert be appointed? I take it the person has since been buried?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I mentioned to my attorney who is not opposed to it. But does point out the coroners report and the Jury may be hard to not rely on this as coroner has been here long time and is well respected in their eyes

Thank you for the additional information.

I apologise for the delayed response, as by now your trial may have commenced. I was away from the system.

I find it rather strange that this is such a crucial aspect of your trial and your attorney has not taken steps to challenge the coroner that is to give evidence and have not asked for an independent expert if these are your instructions to them.

If you are of the view that the experts report does not provide an accurate reflection of what occurred or may in fact be biased, you may through your attorney make an application for another expert to be appointed. It is best to make this application at this point and for the judge to either accede to or reject your application. This is salient as you will not be able to present another expert report as fresh evidence at the appellate level, in the unfortunate event that you are convicted.

I do hope I have sufficiently answered your query . I would be grateful for your rating at this stage by clicking on the row of green stars at the top of the screen. Feel free to send me your follow on questions after your rating, if you still require clarification, I will still be able to respond to you.

Best wishes.


ReadyLaw, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 882
Experience: Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
ReadyLaw and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Do let me know if there is any additional information that you may require.

In the meantime, I ask that you kindly take a moment to rate the service because that gives me credit for my time spent answering your query.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will still reply after your rating because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.


Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your advice. My next question is how to find an independent Forensic expert. It is a British Territory so I would assume I need to find one from the UK?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
your information was helpful to me. thank you