plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I have had my children taken from me to stay with there dad.

Customer Question

Hi I have had my children taken from me to stay with there dad. My son was play with my boy and marked him not 9n purpose. The children dad phoned social services and The police have to speak to my son before they come back but they have been gone for 3 weeks and no one has spoken to him. The children want to come back home and they and they are not at any risk. I was wondering how long they get to speak to the children because I feel that it's taking a very long time and they are not putting my children in consideration. They have never been away from me for this amount of time ever. Please can you give me some advice. I just want my children home. Thank you leanne
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have been to see citizens advice but they wasn't much help. Me and the boys dad have been to court for the boys and there is a court order that he has every other weekend.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Torquay
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  plclegal replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm just reviewing your question.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK thank you very much.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I really can't afford the telephone call I am a single mum trying to make ends meet sorry
Expert:  plclegal replied 5 months ago.

How old are your children, please?

Did you give written consent to them being taken to their dad's?

Have social services put them on child protection plans or anything like this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They are 9 and 6, I did not given written consent for them being taken to there dads. Apparently they are on a child protection until the police have spoken to my boy. But nothing in writing
Expert:  plclegal replied 5 months ago.

OK, if they are on child protection there will be a social worker allocate and here should be a child protection conference.

Have you been allowed contact since they were placed with father?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have got a social worker but she is very unprofessional. I get an hour a week supervisor
Expert:  plclegal replied 5 months ago.

OK, that's no good at all.

You need to ask the social worker to be clear about what they are doing, and if they have no further concerns then you should have your children back.

If this turns into a dispute between you and the father, you may have to go to the family court to enforce their return through the court order that you already have.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They are waiting for the police to speak to my son. I have been told that they have 14 working days to do this. My social worker is not telling my anything. It's like I'm nothing to the children when I have had them for 6 years on my own and there father has been there 4 days a month for the past 2 years. I need to legal how long this should take
Expert:  plclegal replied 5 months ago.

The point is that currently, as there is no court order and you have not signed anything to say that your children can be taken away, there is nothing legally to stop you simply taking them back home.

This would be potentially confrontational and upsetting for them though, if they were then removed again by social services but this time properly.

I would be clear with the social worker that they have not got your permission nor have they obtained a court order, and that you are seeking their return and will take legal action if necessary.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have explained this to my social worker but she doesn't listen to me she is very unprofessional about it all
Expert:  plclegal replied 5 months ago.

Then you need to make an complaint to the head of service at the local authority.

Expert:  plclegal replied 5 months ago.

Can I assist you further with your question?

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 5 months ago.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 5 months ago.

Hello.

I didn’t receive confirmation that you received my response to your question.

Was there anything that needed clarifying at all?

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 5 months ago.

Hello.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 5 months ago.

Hello.

Kind regards,

Peter