LegalNinja
LegalNinja, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
103518254

A charge has been made on my property by someone who used to

A charge has been made on my property by someone who used to live in it.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i objected to the charge and we’re awaiting tribunal date. My question is: if I hadn’t object to the charge or I withdraw the charge has the applicant any legal means to make me sale my property or does the Charge remains in place until the property is sold by me at my convenience. My property is worth £350k and the applicant thinks he’s entitled to £75k. Thanks
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I objected to the charge and have offered him £5 to drop the case but he refused. We’re waiting for a tribunal date
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that’s all thank you

Please could you provide me with some further information. Are you referring to a Charging Order?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
a charging order

Thank you, ***** ***** have the opportunity at the upcoming Hearing to challenge the Charging Order depending on the facts of the case.

If the Court decides to grant a Final Charging Order against your property at the Hearing, the Creditor will be able to apply for an order for sale. An order for sale will force you to sell your property and pay your creditor what you owe. You may be able to persuade the Court to attach conditions to the Charging Order, such as the Charging Order be suspended if you propose payment by a particular date or a suitable repayment plan. This will vary depending on your personal circumstances. You may wish to see a solicitor to assist you in putting your arguments across to the Court.

I do hope this answers your question. Please provide a rating so that I may be credited for my time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

It's a pleasure, kindly click accept and provide a rating so that I may be credited for my time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where is the Accept key and how do I rate you? I don’t see any facilities to do so

You should be able to leave feedback and accept this answer.