12826847

A bailiff is coming to my house tomorrow to enforce a

a bailiff is coming to my house tomorrow to enforce a judgement debt. i have been on line and found that i can apply to the court for a payment plan using a form N245. if i return the form today, will that prevent the bailiff from enforcing tomorrow?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i am in London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i called them to offer instalments and they replied that it was too late, an agent would be attending tomorrow
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that really is the issue

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Have you let him in?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no. he is coming tomorrow
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I prefer to talk here

Thanks for the information

Strictly speaking, a bailiff can still enforce even if you have applied for a variation order to allow you to pay in instalments.

However, generally speaking they will not.

If he does return then just don't let him in and make sure your vehicle is secured in a garage or parked many streets away.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/