How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35351
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

3 yrs ago I was on a psychiatric with severe anxiety and

Customer Question

Hi, 3 yrs ago I was on a psychiatric ward with severe anxiety and depression, I was told to claim pip, I was refused coz I made eye contact, I have appealed against this twice, and it has took all this time to receive answers of no again, I am now wanting to appeal a third time and wonder if you have any advice
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No and I live in manchester england
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I had to go to an interview october 2017, which I only came out of hospital august 2017, this is where I was refused so I appealed which took over 12 months, went to the tribunal they gave me points but not enough to claim pip, so I then tried to appeal to the upper tribunal saying I felt I wasn't listened to and kept being contradicted, they have now refused my appeal but have gave me two other possible routes to go down, one is to go to the high court which I will have to pay a fee or setting aside a decision which disposes of proceedings, which I don't understand
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.