Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

How do you give a family member notice to vacate a property?

Customer Question

How do you give a family member notice to vacate a property ?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: cornwall
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None I was thinking there might be a standard letter, my daughter has lived in the property for the last 10 years rent free and I now wish to sell.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Do they have any form of tenancy, I assume not?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
None

Ok, then just send a letter. You can follow the S.21 template if you wish (but no need to use it)

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/809058/Form_6A_INTERACTIVE__1_.pdf

But just a letter. No form.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The S 21 is an eviction letter ? I am not a landlord I was hoping I could find a simple template letter for motive to vacate which would be less formal than the S 21 full of legal jargon