How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14921
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am a private landlord and i need some advice Assistant:

Customer Question

I am a private landlord and i need some advice
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Cumbernauld Glasgow Scotland
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have a tennant who has not paid me rent in the last three months how do i evict them
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  iram a replied 7 months ago.


I can help you with your question.

You need to serve section 8 evicton notice under non payment of rent arrears.

I hope it will help you.

Please you give 5 star to encourage me to help people

Expert:  JGM replied 7 months ago.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. Ignore the reply above.

Expert:  JGM replied 7 months ago.

Can you tell me when the tenancy agreement was entered into? The law changed on this and it depends what type of tenancy is in force, it will be either a short assured tenancy or the new private residential tenancy.