31090051

Thank you, sorry is the advice free? Ok, I'll check that,

Thank you, ***** ***** the advice free?
JA: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Ok, I'll check that , thank you
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have been to the advice bureau
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sorry this sounds awful but I can't find the cost of using this site , just it's regarding a small claims court and I don't want to have to pay much

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. What is your question about the court?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello , thank you . I stayed at a holiday cottage with my son , whilst we were there he had a nose bleed which I didn't know about and genuinely didn't see spots of blood on the carpet . I was extremely harassed as he ant feeling well and I had to sort out the house , the dog and drive home . I then received a bill for cleaning every carpet and all the sofas which I know couldn't possibly have blood on them . I tried to negotiate but he refused . He has now taken me to a simple procedures court, I have also found out that the invoice from the cleaning company is from a company that doesn't exist and the address is in fact one of his property's. can I use that as evidence or that seem like i's trying to sway the court ? I hadn't realised when I wasn't happy to pay the full amount that he has been taken to court for fraud in a large case but that doesn't mean I am right or justified if you know what I mean?

Thanks for your question. He would be entitled to charge you a reasonable fee for cleaning the one carpet but not all the carpets and the sofa. The fact that he has created a fraudulent invoice really kills off his case because the court won’t make any order to perpetuate an illegal act. If he proceeds with his action he is running the risk of being charged with fraud. I suggest you draft your response to the claim highlighting that he is not entitled to the amount he is suing for nor is the invoice genuine. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer credits me for my time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ah thank you so much , since saying I wasn't happy to pay I found out that he was involved in a million pound fraud case so was really worried as he clearly knows what he is doing , he works in law. But I didn't want to seem like I assumed that made me right . I really appreciate your help and will work on my response on the form now

Thanks for your kind reply. Don’t forget to leave a rating on the star rating system so that the site credits me for my time.