How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask iram a Your Own Question
iram a
iram a, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1796
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
iram a is online now

I arrive on Uk 7 of june.I'm a romanian citizen and I'm

Customer Question

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I arrive on Uk 7 of june.I'm a romanian citizen and I'm living with my brother, his english companion and my nice. I applied for National Insurance Number and I have my appointment 27 of june. On the mean time I send my documents in order to change my driving licence with a british one ,on my brother's adress. I would like to stay and work in Uk.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I'm a romanian citizen and on my last 6 years I lived and work in Greece. I haven't done any job yet in Uk beside working on a Charity shop in Liskeard,Cornwall
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Sorry, do you think I need a lowyer?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I might need some help understanding what kind of documents I can provide in order to obtain Nino. Thank you
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  iram a replied 5 months ago.

i am reviewing.

Expert:  iram a replied 5 months ago.


I can help with your question.

You need to take following documents at your appoint: -

Your passport or

ID card

Offer letter from any job you want to do

Address proof

I hope it will help you

Please you give 5 star to encourage me to help people

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your quick answer. What can be considered Address proof ? I remaind the fact that I'm hospitated by my brother which is living with his english companion and my nice. They are both self-employed.
Expert:  iram a replied 5 months ago.

i have told you above

any untility bills, bank statements, payslips, NHS letters, council tax bills, council letters, voter registration card

you can use any of them as an address proof for every year

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If I enter on Uk 7th of june , how could I have any untility bill,bank statement, payslips, NHS letters etc on my name ? I was asking for a solution ! the jobcentre give me another option and I was wondering that you could know more about it ! Anyway Thank you
Expert:  iram a replied 5 months ago.

if you take both your IDs: -

your passport and your ID card could be used your double ID and you can take bank statement from your bank if you do not have that would be your address. You can say in interview that you want to start self employed work with your brother and you need insurance number to register with DWP as self employed. I believe your problem will be solved.

i hope it will help you.

please you give 5 star to encourage me to help people

Expert:  iram a replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you