F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I am victim of identity fraud Assistant: Where is this? It

Customer Question

Hello! My name is***** am victim of identity fraud
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am living now in Norwich
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I spoke with action fraud, with the debt collectors, with network providers
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  F E Smith replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore maybe delayed in replying.

can you explain exactly what the identity fraud is please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
first in 2016 I saw some strange activities in my account with Barclays. I informed them and after a investigation I closed and change the bank. In 2017 my husband asked me to check my credit score, so I registered with Noddle. And when I saw my report there I was in shock - Vodafone, O2, Provident, 118 118. The mobile providers I never used in my life and I contacted with them and proofe that it is not me who make this contract with them. For the personal loans company, I saw that the money been taken from them on the same day like I did it from Quick Quick. Why I need to take three different loans on the same day? So I contact with them as well but there investigation show that I am the person who take loans and they been transfer to my account. As well in Noddle I saw that I been open account in Loyds,but I never did it.

You have already reported this to action fraud and along with most people, you will probably find it’s a waste of time.

You now need to put everything in writing and you need to put everything in writing to the police and to the Chief Constable. You want this investigated and in all honesty, Action Fraud is going to be a waste of time.

You need to make sure that all these references are removed from any credit history and to do that you need a crime reference number.

If they refuse, then make a formal complaint in writing to the Financial Ombudsman Service about the credit reference agency and the various lenders.

As I said, don’t try to deal with this on the telephone, it needs to be in writing so there is a record. It’s very difficult for the various organisations to “lose” a letter.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please take a moment to look at the top right-hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen.

You may need to login again to use the rating service.

It's important that you use the rating service because that gives me credit.

It doesn't just give me a pat on the head! It's what gets me paid!!

There is also an experts incentive scheme whereby the more 5 star ratings I get I do actually get a pat on the head!

All you need to do is press Submit.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.

FES

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for help! Just to add one question. When I went to police they transfer me to action fraud and they said that are not dealing with this cases

Good luck with Action Fraud.

You are going to need it.

They should really be called NonAction Fraud because I have never yet heard a good report.

This sums it up: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.actionfraud.police.uk