How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7243
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Property law. we, as owners/shareholders of a block of

This answer was rated:

property law. we, as owners/shareholders of a block of flats, intend to submit an ordinary written resolution to sack our management company. We have over 50% of shareholders in agreement. Do we need a directors signature?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Blackpool, Lancashire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have obtained signatures of flat owners.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of

No directors signature is required as an ordinary resolution is passed by the shareholders, not directors.

All the best. Please leave a positive rating if this answers your query.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Do we submit the signed and dated resolution to Company Secretary?

Yes and to the directors for their action.

UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you