Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

How much does it cost to speak to one of your lawyers? So I

How much does it cost to speak to one of your lawyers?
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: So I can ask a question and then depending on the cost quoted I can choose whether to proceed or not?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am on holiday now but I live in the uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none I did an interview for an online programme and asked them not to use my name as they made me look a fool (I'm an astrologer). They then placed my first name plus they used my website name (without the dot com next to it) but it is a unique name and I would like them to take that name off their online programme which is permanently viewable.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I let this matter go for a couple of years but I have no idea how much business I may be losing due to this negative exposure. I would like this not to become a legal issue but a request and mediation if possible.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Have they refused to remove your name and if so, what reason have they provided?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
they have put my first name on the programme which is ok but they have used my website name also (without mentioning dot com). but that website name (astrolifecoaching) is unique. Can I ask them to remove it and do I have a legal right in this? before the filming they said I did not need to use my full name if I preferred not to. But they did not say they would use my website name.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I prefer to have response in writing please just to know if I would have rights in this, thank you.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hello, are you still there?

Thank you apologies for the slight delay. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. In the circumstances you can argue that what they have done is a form of data protection breach because they have shared information from which you are personally identifiable without your consent. Whilst your full name is ***** ***** there is enough information there for people to wok that out if they wanted to, without too much effort. They could remove the website name to remove that link and make it more difficult to do that. I suggest a strongly worded letter would be a good starting point but you cannot force them to remove it without a court order so try as much as you can, even get a solicitor to write to them, but in the end you have to think whether you want to take it to court to find a solution.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you very much for your answer, that is clarifying and helpful. I will do as you suggest and if I am unable to get a response from them I will consider taking this to court. Yes this answers my query.

All the very best

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

My pleasure