F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I got some advice this morning but can I check it’s english

I got some advice this morning but can I check it’s english law not American please
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ely Cambridgeshire in uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I pats for 7 day trial
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Paid

Good afternoon. Yes this is the UK site - how can i help please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you I already got my advice I just wanted to make sure it was English law

it is indeed the UK law site.

The site is administered in the United States but we are based all around the UK. Kind regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please can you confirm that after leaving the marital home last year and my husband giving me 50% of the equity, that I am allowed to move back into the home. We are not divorced and I have been staying with the person I left my husband for but the relationships has now broken down and I’m almost homeless. I did give a letter in writing to say I wanted to be taken off the mortgage but I’m unsure if I was taken off the deeds as well. My husband is saying he bought me out so I can’t move back in. We have two children and we share custody. I just want to confirm where I stand right now. Many thanks
Detail Required: LOW; Urgency: LOW
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please can you tell my why my question couldn’t be answered

I am sorry, but this is not a chat service. It’s an email reply board and therefore there may be a delay getting back to you because we have clients and travelling and other users to deal with.

Sometimes we will get back to you in minutes, other times it will be longer.

If it is the marital home, then you are free to come and go as you like and even if it’s rented, he is not allowed to exclude you.

That is of course assuming there is no court order excluding you.

It doesn’t matter why you left or the fact that you went off with someone else and have now decided to come back, you are quite at liberty to do so.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please take a moment to look at the top right-hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen.

You may need to login again to use the rating service.

It's important that you use the rating service because that gives me credit.

It doesn't just give me a pat on the head! It's what gets me paid!!

There is also an experts incentive scheme whereby the more 5 star ratings I get I do actually get a pat on the head!

All you need to do is press Submit.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.

FES