31090051

Do l have to pay service charges owed at the time of my

Do l have to pay service charges owed at the time of my bankruptcy after last am discharged
Assistant: Where is this? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: In the Uk and yes l was bankrupt now discharged and company are chasing for debt owed in my bankruptcy
Assistant: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?
Customer: No nothing yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

I am a solicitor in Scotland. You do not have to pay service charges incurred by you personally prior to your bankruptcy. These can be claimed in the sequestration but you are discharged automatically from liability. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer credits me for my time.

Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.