How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask C.Cornel Your Own Question
C.Cornel, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1094
Experience:  Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
Type Your Law Question Here...
C.Cornel is online now

Please Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws

This answer was rated:

Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: This is my first step
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What is your specific question please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben. I'm just enquiring about access to see my daughter. I have never seen her since she was born although my parents had a period of seeing her for a few months just after she was born, she is 7 now. I have tried to sort things out with her mother but she just blocks me and threatens me with police saying I'm harassing her. I have no contact details of her mum or family and any time I am able to track then down the block my number, I do not know where they live either. I was going to do this ages ago but I looked into the cost of the legal process and it was something I could not afford, I have since saved up. I'm just wondering where I stand and what I have to do in order to see my daughter

Hi there. Thank you for this information. As it is not my area of law, I will need to opt out so that another expert can assist you. Thank you

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed lawyer from the UK.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is your name on the birth certificate?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I'm not on the birth certificate and me and her mother were never married

Based on your circumstances, you would need an interim contact order which allows you to have contact with your children until a full court hearing resolves the matter one way or another. If your ex shows no opposition to interim contact, it can be resolved without a court appearance.

I am afraid the police cannot get involved in such matters.

However, the most practical and most effective approach in similar cases to yours would be mediation, where a tertiary parties will propose a solution to your dispute.

The costs of mediation are not particularly high and it can help your dispute.

There would no other legal alternatives to your case.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I appreciate it, would all this still be possible with no contact details of the mother, I have her name and date of birth that is all

Yes, it would be possible, but mediation must be accepted by both parties.

Thank you.

C.Cornel, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1094
Experience: Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
C.Cornel and other Law Specialists are ready to help you