How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask C.Cornel Your Own Question
C.Cornel, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 811
Experience:  Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
Type Your Law Question Here...
C.Cornel is online now

My ex is trying to get my girl to change her school how do I

This answer was rated:

Hi my ex is trying to get my girl to change her school how do I stop this?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Only mediation
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Yes Luton
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed lawyer from the UK.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi mate

If you have parental responsibility, your ex is indeed required to consult with you on all matters relating to your daughter's education.

Therefore, she can't change your daughter's school without your approval and consent.

Doing so would be illegal by law.

If you still can't reach an agreement, I would advise to pursue mediation as it's a more affordable and fast legal procedure.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just need to know how to go about stopping this happening

Demand letter, official complaints and threatening to pursue legal actions, there would be no other options to stop her, apart from stating the fact that her actions are illegal and you reserve the right to pursue legal actions.

Demand letters are most effective if written by lawyers / law firms.

Thank you.

Alternatively, you can pursue an emergency court hearing and get a prohibited steps order to prevent her from moving schools.

However, this would involve direct legal actions, if you are willing to pursue this route, you will succeed and you are legally entitled.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It couldn't be agreed at mediation I said I would look at other schools but I would like her to stay at this school as she is doing soo well

Attempt to reach an agreement, if that will not possible, there is always the legal route to pursue, however I would advise my clients to pursue legal actions only as a last resort.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
who would I need to speak to to get a court order In process as I'm willing to go through court as I know she is trying to chande her school now
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also she wants to move and she keeps telling me that I don't need the address of where she will be moving to

If you wish, I can draft the court applications and help you obtain the prohibited steps order.

Moving without giving her address would be illegal.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
please. As I just want the best for my girl and is there a limit to where she can move as I do all the driving to get my girls and she don't drive and can see it being a pain with my work and all arrangements when I have the girls
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have them every other weekend and once in every week

Sure, no worries.

The procedure is done via premium feature where you will obtain my personal email address due to privacy laws and regulations.

Thank you.

C.Cornel and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what happens now

Can you see the information I have provided?

Thank you.