How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6494
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I brought shares in a company in 2014. we paid a £6,000 bond

This answer was rated:

i brought shares in a company in 2014. we paid a £6,000 bond when we took over the company.
we ran the company for approx 6 months but the revenue potential was nowhere near what we expected, the original owners agreed to take the company back.As the payment was a 'bond' I then requested my £6,000 payment back but all this time later and they are still ignoring my requests.Am I legally entitled to my money back?


Yes, you are if there was an agreement that the money was a bond to secure the performance of obligations and that it would be refundable.

I would advise you to send them a letter giving them 14 days to pay the money back or you will take court action against them, if they still fail to pay you, you may file a court claim online for the return of the money at

All the best

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your response. In the agreement document it doesn’t state its refundable, does that make a difference?

Yes, as they may argue that the payment was non refundable.

The best thing is to try and negotiate with them and see if they will refund you even half of the money for example.

Please leave a positive rating if this was helpful. Many thanks

UKSolicitorJA and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.