How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2736
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I need advice on domestic violence Assistant: Where are you?

This answer was rated:

I need advice on domestic violence
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk Nuneaton
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need advice about what to do
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I’m married to a British citizen and I’m an indian
The family torture me
They threat me that they will send me back to my home country and report to the embassy.... what should I do how do I protect myself

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Are you still living there with them?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Might I suggest that we have a telephone call tomorrow to talk through with you the options.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I can’t call
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Could you please tell me what should I do
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

What is your question?

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. If you have not secured your indefinite leave to remain it would be a genuine concern that they might look to have your visa curtailed. I would normally say report to the police as a first step if you are experiencing violence that you fear for your safety and security. I appreciate you may be worried about he will do if the police confront him. If you are not in imminent danger please try to find a legal aid family solicitor local to you, they will assist you with getting what is called a non-mole station order against him. Depending on the threats he may be ordered to leave the home and not be near you for a set period of time. In that time your solicitor can assist you with applying for indefinite leave to remain based on the fact that you are being subjected to domestic violence. The non-molestation order and any police report would be fantastic evidence in support of your application to the home office. If you also go to the local authority they will be able to point to you to any women aid charities in the area that might be able to give you more tangible assistance while you wait for your leave under the Domestic Violence scheme. I hope this is useful to you. Please do not hesitate to send your follow on questions should you have any after your rating. I will be more than happy to assist. If it is not too much trouble I would be grateful for your rating by clicking on the green stars at the top at your earliest convenience. All the best
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2736
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
SolicitorRM and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you