Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have been asked to provide a statement in writing

Good day, I have been asked to provide a statement in writing regarding a verbal statement I have made to a colleague regarding an incident that occurred at another work place (not my own), the colleague has forwarded my comment onto the other workplace. Will I be implicating myself in the comment if I admit to it in the statement. The concern is that it has been spoken about by numerous people and it's only my statement that has been called into question by this other workplace
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I am at a school and my head teacher is the one that has requested a statement as the Head teacher from the other school (which my children attend) has been in touch with mine to request my statement. The school is renowned for sending letters to parents who they feel have brought the schools reputation into disrepute
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I have just joined a union today , however they cannot assist me as my details have not been verified as yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am currently in my 3rd year of employment