Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have a insurance problem, my insurance was void due to a

Hi I have a insurance problem, my insurance was void due to a technical problem, the car was taken by the owner who was not uninsured and crashed and now I am liable to pay all damages
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Charlton london
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I haven't I only received the letter today, I've paid the premuim of the insurance
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have police evidence that I was not the driver who crashed and did not authorise use of the vehicle

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. What technical problem caused the insurance to be void?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I filled in the form, I claimed I was the registered keeper, the legal owner did not give me the form to file, he the took the vehicle without my permission and crashed it

So you were the owner but not the registered keeper as you had not got the V5 is that correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've requested a phone call it's hard to explain via txt

Ok is it ok if I call you at 7pm as I am currently travelling?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok no problem

I'll call you then.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Call got cut off can you call again

I have run out of battery. Give me 5 minutes to let it charge a bit and I will call you back.