UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Do you deal with uk law re drainage from a neighbours

do you deal with uk law re drainage from a neighbours dwelling new extension damaging adjacent grazing paddock?
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Where is the dwelling located?
Customer: a row of terraced cottages - three rear extensions - all roof wate fed into a disused septic tank which oveflows into our paddock - the paddock is between our property & theirs and used to graze our horses
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

You should write to your neighbour and inform them about the damage being caused to your property and ask them to rectify their drainage. You may also complain about this to the environmental health section of your local authority as this may also be nuisance and they have the power to issue an abatement notice to your neighbour.

If your neighbour or council does not do anything, you may then go to your local magistrates court for an abatement order and make a claim for damages in the civil courts.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Great - thanks. May need further advice depending on the success!