JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I spoke to a very charming solicitor last night based in

I spoke to a very charming solicitor last night based in Kettering who I have spoken to before to ask how could I get a copy of the Template that Jim the Fraud expert sent to me but I can't print it off and he suggested that I register my fraud on the www.money.adviceservice.I have done but unless they are very slow to come back to you, I am none the wiser.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: You have all the answers to these questions on your site, my name is***** and I live near Warminster in Wiltshire.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Look at my account and you can see all the emails that I have received or sent in reply.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Hello, this is Jim - I am trying to find your previous question. Was this in relation to the bank (Lloyds) and a charge-back?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it was as you sent me a link to download a template to ask Lloyds to refund the money in 14 days.On the 8th of May the day after my wedding,my wife and I met the Warminster Branch Manager to try and view the CCTC coverage while I was in the bank and even though she knew that under the Data Protection Act that I am allowed to see it,she wouldn't show it as it is in a secure area of the bank,She astounded us by saying that she has never read Lloyds terms and conditions or Rules and Regulations of any form of Banking and that appears to be the case of her fellow managers.Onne of them didn't believe when I said that one of their leaflets talking about money management and if you are a victim of fraud, your money will be refunded plus 8% interest from the day it was taken out to the day it gets refunded,you said that's not true,if it wasn't deadly serious it would be funny.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That's fine .

Yes, the 8% is the county court interest rate to claim for a sum of money owed to you by a defendant

I attach the template letter - it is for a debt action but the same protocol would apply to money owed by a bank. Can you see the template?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can't download the template letter

(insert name and address) (insert date)

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sirs,

Re: Claim for (insert sum)

I refer to the above matter and (insert details of the claim against the Defendant).

This letter is being sent to you in accordance with the Pre-Action Protocol for debt claims (“the Protocol”) contained within the Civil Procedure Rules (“CPR”). In particular, I refer you to paragraph 7 of the Protocol, and paragraphs 13 to 16 of the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct and Protocols regarding the Court’s powers to impose sanctions for failing to comply with the provisions of the Protocol.

I therefore put you on notice of my intention to issue county court proceedings against your company for my losses should I not receive payment in full by 4 pm on (insert date 14 days).

Should court proceedings be necessary I will claim the court issue fee of (£….) (based on a claim of £……..) and court interest which I understand is 8% as a daily rate. Should I succeed in obtaining a judgment, same will be transferred to the High Court for enforcement against you and your company whereby further costs will be added to the judgment sum.

I trust the above will not be necessary and I therefore look forward to hearing from you as a matter of urgency.

Yours sincerely,

(insert name)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for writing it out and sending it to me and for all your previous advice.

No problem, please feel free to come back to me again if needed.

If you can please click to accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating I would be grateful.

Have a good evening,

Jim

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hell Jim,when I had a conversation with a very charming solicitor base in Kettering ,he mentioned the law of Tort or Torts, is there a template for that whereby in another case that I have regarding non payment of rent on an area of Land where there is no legal agreement but a licence has been created to a person who has stored scaffolding for 10 years, he is in arrears to the tune of £1836 .This figure also included clearing the site of debris, broken glass, human excreta etc.I believe this document when served gives the tenant a month to remove all his possessions or in this case scaffolding and fittings and if he doesn't ,I become like a bailiff and have the right to sell the equipment and offset it against what is owed.